For more information about PCOM's Biomedical Sciences Program, click here.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Orientation & the Start of a New School Year... By: Susan Ramirez

Hey guys! I know I went on and on last time, so tonight I'll keep it short, and give you a summary of the past couple of weeks. 

August is a busy time for incoming Biomed students.  Many are moving into a new place, feeling out their surroundings, getting used to their classes, and meeting new friends. The 2011-2012 biomed certificate class attended orientation on Tuesday August 9th. They were welcomed by our school's president, Dr. Matthew Schure,  the Assitant Dean for Student Affairs, Tina Woodruff, and the Biomed Certificate Program's director, Dr. Ruth Thornton. Students then came up with creative ways to introduce themselves during break-out sessions, and shared their introductions with the class over dinner.  The night was filled with laughter, and ended on a (sugar) high note with an ice cream bar =D  


Monday, August 15th marked the start of the school year for 1st & 2nd year biomeds, as well as 1st and 2nd year D.O.s. Campus has been bustling now for well over a week, and will to get even busier after tomorrow's resource fair.  It feels a bit strange to watch all this unfold, and to transition into my 2nd year here; my first flew by like the blink of an eye! Although I'm nostalgic for my own PCOM beginnings, I'm excited to check out more student organizations tomorrow, and to dig my roots a little bit deeper into the PCOM community in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment